PRIVACY STATEMENT OF LIVE SHOP BUY, INC.
Transparency is our number one priority.
A. Information Collected
- Information You Provide: We receive information you provide to us when you:
- create an account with us (including a shopping account online, an account to review products, a customer loyalty account, a local merchant event registration account or any other type of account);
- apply for a credit card through us or our banking partners;
- make a purchase;
- apply for employment opportunities;
- contact us via any customer service method;
- submit user-generated content (via our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels or otherwise);
- participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions;
- subscribe for email, text, or other messages;
- work with our merchants who provide you with products or services or otherwise assist you with your product needs and purchases through use of Websites;
- download or use our Websites;
- file a claim or participate in investigations regarding claims or losses; or
- otherwise communicate information to us.
- Personal vs Non-Personal Information. Some of the information we collect includes personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, date of birth, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number that may identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”). If you or an Organization (as defined below) to which you or your minor child belongs create an account on one of our team sports or event Websites, the Personal Information we collect may relate to minor children. By providing the Organization or us with such child’s Personal Information, you represent that you are such minor child’s parent, guardian or otherwise have the authority to share this Personal Information with the Organization and us and further consent to the Organization directly sharing such information with us. We may also collect other types of Non-Personal information, which do not identify you as an individual when not associated with any other personal information, such as demographic/lifestyle information, personal interests and product/buying preferences and which we may associate with your Personal Information.
- Information Collected From Third Parties. We may receive information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide on behalf of you, including but not limited to gift recipients, online registrations/purchases, ship-from-store, in-store pick-up, registries or as a result of your interactions with other affiliate websites like Google, Yahoo, etc.
We receive information from sources assisting us with (i) updating, enhancing, improving and/or analyzing our records or data; (ii) performing marketing and research services; or (iii) detecting fraud or theft. We may also acquire information about you from third parties with whom we have a relationship or otherwise contract with to obtain such information. Further, in the event we acquire a business, we may receive information from the seller of such business. Additionally, we may receive information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Automated Information. When you visit our Websites or interact with us through your computer or mobile device, (including if you utilize or interact with our Web Beacon technologies) we may collect " Automated Information" through Cookies, Web Browsers and other similar or related automated means (collectively, "Information Technologies"). "Cookies" are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser or hard drive. "Web Beacons" (also known as pixel tags) are a form of technology placed within our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels to monitor visits to certain pages within, interactions with, and the effectiveness of, our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
Automated Information we collect via Information Technologies includes, without limitation, internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic (geo-location) information, user ID(s), clickstream data, and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.Automated Information may also include your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information); how you use our Websites (including mobile applications) and Internet Marketing Channels, search terms, pages you visit on our Websites and application performance information. We may use Automated Information to associate you with any interaction you have with our Websites, including interaction across multiple computers, mobile devices, and In-Store services. In addition, while Automated Information does not generally identify or relate to you as an individual, we may associate these types of information with you as an individual. In addition, others might seek to do so, and we cannot guarantee that parties with whom we may share such information might not succeed in re-identifying or associating non-personal information with particular individuals; we cannot be responsible for such parties’ use of such information.
- In-Store or In-Town Merchant Services.
- In-Store Technology. Some of the LiveShopBuy merchant store locations may have Wireless Beacons or Bluetooth devices. These Beacon’s or Bluetooth devices enable us to detect the presence of your device in one of our merchants stores and provide us with certain data from your devices and provide operational insights. Unless we receive consent to use Beacon or Bluetooth data in a manner that identifies you or your device(s), Beacon or Bluetooth data is anonymously collected or de-identified.
- Third Party Applications. Some third-party service providers (such as Google) are able to combine your search history or other activity with the location functions within your device, to know that the same device that was used for searching on-line has also been at one of our merchant’s stores. These service providers provide us aggregate information as to how internet searches translate to customer store visits or other information.
B. Your Choices When Using our Services.
- Email and Text Message Opt-Out. You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications from any individual member of the LiveShopBuy Businesses by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mail communications from such member. You may unsubscribe to text communications for any of our Businesses by responding STOP to any marketing text message you receive from that member. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future e-mail or text communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., sales confirmations, shipping notifications, recalls, product information, service/reminder notices and account maintenance). In addition, you may use the methods set forth in the "Contact Customer Service" link below to opt-out or update certain preferences.
- Disabling Cookies. Based upon your interactions with our Websites and elsewhere on the internet and your (and your device's) interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Websites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict Information Technologies, you may access our Websites and Internet Marketing Channels, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain features. You may also manage third party tracking by turning off cookies and changing your browser settings. Learn more at allaboutcookies.org. Since we also use Google Analytics cookies and Google Advertising cookies you may also want to click on this link to and download the Google Analytics Opt-out browser Add-on. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ This Add-on will prevent data from being used by Google Analytics.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies and networks to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online when you visit our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you LiveShopBuy advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. Some of these networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the NAI visit their website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify your preferences, you may still see or receive LiveShopBuy advertisements on our Websites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
- In addition, the browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website's collection of your information or your online activities over time and/or across different websites or online services. At this time, our Websites do not respond to these preferences, and our Websites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy. However, you have the option to opt out of certain interest-based advertising and the options you select are browser and device-specific.
- Mobile Device and Application Preferences.
- Text Messages. If you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we may send text messages to the number provided that corresponds to your device. To opt out of mobile messaging from a member of LiveShopBuy, reply “stop” to text messages received from such member. This will opt you out of all text message campaigns from that member only.
- Push Notifications. You may at any time opt out from further push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- Geo-Location. You may at any time opt out from allowing us to access specific location data (latitude and longitude) of your device by adjusting the permissions
- In your mobile device you use to access our Websites and those of our third-party partners: i.e. your mobile browser and the LiveShopBuy mobile application.
- In-App Notifications. All application users receive in-app notifications or “local notifications” generated by a device trigger. To halt those notifications, you may discontinue use of the application, or uninstall the application from your mobile device.
- Updates and Uninstall LiveShopBuy Mobile Application. Notification and automatic installation of application updates can be controlled through the preferences of the mobile device application “store” specific to your mobile device. You can stop all further collection of information by a LiveShopBuy mobile application by uninstalling the LiveShopBuy mobile application. You may use the standard uninstall process available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Note: If you uninstall the mobile application from your device, the LiveShopBuy unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same device, LiveShopBuy will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
- In-Store Technology. You may opt out from allowing us to access your in-store location and prevent the acquisition of data obtained via Beacon or other in-store technology by disabling the applicable technology on your device while in our merchants stores so that such in-store technology will not detect your presence, or by uninstalling the LiveShopBuy mobile application. To disable third party tracking while in our merchant’s stores, log out of your third-party accounts or disable location services when visiting our merchant’s stores.
C. How We Use Your Information
- We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent, period! We do share information in some circumstances as described below under “How We Share Your Information.” We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways: Fulfilling, delivering and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
- Maintaining our loyalty programs.
- Processing credit card applications and payments.
- Evaluating your application for employment.
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
- Registering and servicing your account(s).
- Providing customer service.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls.
- Helping us to improve and customize our products and services, Websites and Internet Marketing Channels.
- To advertise our products and services to you and those of LiveShopBuy partners that we think may be of interest to you.
- Providing the merchants and service providers on our site with order information, returns, credits and other pertinent information needed to fill the requests of our customers.
- Protecting the security and integrity of our stores, Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
- We may combine all information we collect, and we may disclose this information within the LiveShopBuy Businesses
- We use Automated Information and Information Technologies to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and to tailor advertisements to you. We may display targeted ads to you through Internet Marketing Channels. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, if you have expressed an interest in shopping for women’s shoes, we may target you with women shoe related products. In addition to such tailoring, we use Automated Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may opt-out of this at any time by calling 732-526-8000 or by emailing email@example.com
- We also use location services, which are built into the functionality of smart phones and other devices, in order to deliver marketing messages to you which are specific to your location. We may also use this data to track the effectiveness of local marketing campaigns, as well offering specific products and services when you are near specific merchant stores who are on our website.
D. How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in ways consistent with this Policy and in the following ways:
- As we deem necessary in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
- In connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services, including our private label credit card(s).
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of LiveShopBuy, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- With respect to the local Merchants on our website that may have their own Websites, that may provide the same or similar products or services on whose behalf the Website was established, and otherwise in connection with other features and functionality of such Websites. Such Merchants at their discretion may share your information with other participants, users and public viewers of the Websites. We suggest you review the privacy policies of such Merchants Websites before deciding to share information relating to any interaction you may have with them.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
E. How to Update Your Information
For certain types of information, we offer you several ways to access or update such information:
- If you have an account on our Website, login to your account via a web browser and after securely entering your account, you can update your information and communication preferences by entering or revising the information as reflected therein. Note, some fields (such as passwords and login name) are account specific and if you have more than one account with us you will need to update each account separately.
- You can also Contact Customer Service to request updates to your account via the link at the bottom of each page of our Websites or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach us by U.S. postal mail at 101 Crawfords Corner Road, suite 4-202 Holmdel, NJ 07733, Attn: Customer Service. Please provide your current and complete contact information with these requests.
LiveShopBuy, as developer and manager of this website, has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information maintained. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession. Your personal online and mobile account(s) with us are password protected with restricted online access. And we never store credit card information on our site.
H. Right to Change Privacy Statement.
I. Privacy Warning.
NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR ANY WIRELESS NETWORK, INCLUDING EMAILS, CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE SECURE. AS A RESULT, WHILE LIVESHOPBUY TRIES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE CAN NOT ENSURE OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you believe that your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what it was intended when submitted, you may contact us as shown in the Contact Information Section of this Privacy Statement.
J. Children's Privacy
Our Websites are "general audience" websites and not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent; however, if your child is registered with an Organization, such Organization may provide such information to us. BY PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION TO AN ORGANIZATION YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDING SUCH INFORMATION TO US. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at privacy@LiveShopBuy.com so that we may delete the child's information.
K. Registration on a Do-Not-Call List.
You may have provided your telephone number in an application or order form for one of our advertisements or third-party vendors. Our advertisers or vendors ("Client") may contact you by telephone, email, or mail based on the information you provided to us in order to process and fulfill your request, even if you have opted into the National Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call List, or the Do Not Call List of an internal company. If one of our Clients contacts you by telephone and you wish not to be contacted again by that Client with respect to your inquiry, then you should specifically make a request to that Client not to contact you again. In the event a Client continues to contact you after you have instructed the Client to stop doing so, you should contact LiveShopBuy immediately to notify us of the problem.
L. Truth in Lending. You may apply for a LiveShopBuy credit card or other types of credit services on our site. These services and other lending or credit services are administered by a third-party bank or financial institution and this Privacy Statement does not apply to the information you provided for these products or services. LiveShopBuy is not a bank/credit card company/lender/broker/agent/financial institution or advisor ("advertiser"). The information provided by you to LiveShopBuy is not an application for a credit card, loan, etc., nor is it used to pre-qualify you with any of the advertisers. If you are contacted by one of our advertisers that advertise with LiveShopBuy and you submitted an application to such advertiser, your information remains between you and that advertiser.
LiveShopBuy does not endorse, warrant or guarantee service or products of any advertiser and does not guarantee and makes no representations of any rates, points, financial advice, scholarships and loan programs posted by the advertisers on our site. All information is subject to change without notice. This is not an advertisement for credit as defined by Truth in Lending paragraph 226.24 of regulation Z.
LiveShopBuy shall not be responsible or liable for any products, services, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained as a result of any information or offer in or results of any kind obtained in connection with this website, including, without limitation, any agent referrals, financial advice, loan recommendations, application, approval, pre-qualification, scholarships, bank credit cards, loan or interest rate analysis. Nothing on this website contains an offer, promise or otherwise, either to make a specific loan or that any participating lender or broker will make any loan for any purpose or on any specific terms.
M. Opt-Out. You have the opportunity to opt out receiving further communications from us at any time by sending an e-mail to optout@LiveShopBuy.com To exercise your right to opt out of having your personal information used for any purpose other than the service that you have specifically inquired about or requested, or if you would like to direct us not to make certain disclosures, please e-mail us or write to us with a detailed description of your request at the following address:
LiveShopBuy 101 Crawford’s Corner Road, Suite 4-202 Holmdel, NJ 07733
You may continue to receive email communications from us up to ten business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request. Please note that LiveShopBuy can only control its own mailing list and policies. Third party advertisers and the local merchants on our website that maintain their own mailing lists and may send communications that advertise our services, you may need to contact these parties directly in order to stop receiving their email communications. If you do not opt out, your personal information may be used as described in this Privacy Statement.
N. Third Party Links
Our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our Website through a link or a banner advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from may collect information from people who click on the banner or link. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites to see how they collect and use this information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third parties' sites.
O. California Privacy Rights and Disclosures.
For the California Privacy rights under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” applicable to any of our users who are California residents.
1. California Privacy Rights - Direct Marketing. If you are a California resident and a customer of LiveShopBuy, Inc. or any of its other owned and operated sites (collectively, "LiveShopBuy"), you have the right to request information from LiveShopBuy regarding the manner in which LiveShopBuy shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code § 1798.83 provides you with the right to submit a request to LiveShopBuy at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of personal information LiveShopBuy disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and
- If the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. LiveShopBuy designated email address for such a request is email@example.com.
Certain areas of our Websites may contain interactive features that allow registered users to post content or information on or to our Websites (the “Interactive Services”). If any of our Interactive Services are either: (1) directed toward California residents under the age of eighteen (18); or (2) if LiveShopBuy has actual knowledge that a registered user of the Interactive Services is a California resident under the age of eighteen (18), LiveShopBuy will permit such registered user to remove (if applicable) or request that LiveShopBuy remove or anonymize such content or information as posted by the registered user, to the extent required by California Business and Professions Code § 22581.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18) and would like to request the removal or anonymization of content or information you have posted on or to our Websites, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. California Proposition 65. The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, also referred to as Proposition 65, is a California initiative to address concerns regarding exposure to toxic chemicals. Proposition 65 requires warning labels on products that contains certain levels of the 600+ elements that the California Air Resources Board considers a carcinogen or a reproductive toxicant. These elements include lead, brass, PVC and a multitude of other everyday elements.
The general Proposition 65 notice is: WARNING: You have purchased an item that contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
4. California Transparency in Supply Chains Act. As required under the California Transparency Supply Chain Act, we are disclosing our efforts to mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain.